Trying to cancel a Verizon iPad line

I've had an iPad with Verizon cellular connectivity that costs $10 per month. I rarely employ the cellular connectedness and decided to remove the iPad from my account. I've had it for more than than 4 years and have paid them well-nigh $500, equal to the toll of the iPad itself. I assumed it would be easy to go to their website to remove the device.  After all, you can do nearly everything else on the site, including buying and adding devices and changing plans. But, after trying everything, I found out the one thing you can't do was remove a device. The options only immune me to suspend information technology temporarily, but go along to pay the $10.

I googled to see if I was just missing a menu item or something obvious, but I discovered many others complained nearly the same issue. So I chosen 611 and waited. After 45 minutes on concord I gave up. I next tried their online chat and had amend success. Later on 15 minutes I reached a live chat agent and had the following conversation that took a total of another 25 minutes, waiting an inordinate amount of time for the agent to respond each time.  Notice how the agent suggested I not cancel but requite the iPad to someone else.

While not a commencement world issue, information technology's simply another instance of how Verizon creates policies that cause usa frustration and to lose any loyalty we might have. I'grand certain other carriers are just as manipulative, only information technology leaves a poor taste.

Your chat recap

Reference number:

2059373786200300291

Chatted on 09/25/2019 at 21:10:42

Verizon

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. My name is Dylan,I see that you were transferred to me from our digital assistant.How are y'all doing today?

You

I'yard trying to remove my iPad from my programme to reduce bill by $10

You

It'southward impossible to do from my Verizon

Verizon

Sure thing! I would be more than happy to help yous on that.

Verizon

I would just wanted to know if you lot wanted to requite it to someone who could use it?

You

No. I volition utilise iPad but not using cellular

Verizon

OKay, so you would be using it on WiFI?

Verizon

Let me quickly exercise that for you and likewise see other ways to lower you bills,how does that sound?

You

No. All I want to practice is remove iPad. I like my plan as is.

Verizon

Could y'all please confirm me the line number we are working on?

Yous

Principal business relationship line is 858xxxxxxx

Verizon

Thanks very much!

You

Frustrating that I tin can do and so much in your app but I have to spend an got to remove device

You

Makes me want to change carriers

Verizon

I completely sympathise your frustration.

Verizon

No worries! I would be doing it right away. (five minutes laissez passer)

You

What's taking and then long?

Verizon

Virtually done. (Another 5 minutes)

Verizon

I appreciate your patience.

Yous

A lot easier to add a line:) (5 more minutes)

Verizon

I accept successfully disconnected the line for yous.

You lot

Thanks that reduces bill by $10?

Verizon

Aye, i am happy i helped you lot do information technology.

Verizon

Is there anything else I tin can help y'all with today?

You lot

Can I get a confirmation?

Verizon

Yes,you would be getting one by e-mail in former.

Verizon

Yes, nosotros are all set unless you have annihilation else

by Phil Baker